Personal Data Information Notice (“Privacy Notice”)
Aeon Delight (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“Company”) and the Aeon group (“Group”) (collectively referred to as “we” or “us”, “our”) treats all your information seriously.
In doing so, we provide you with this Privacy Notice pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”)
• Collection of Personal Data
When you apply for a job with us or in the course of your employment with us, we will ask you to provide to us with information about yourself and your family. This information is as listed in paragraph 2 of this Privacy Notice (“Personal Data”).
You may also provide us with your personal information that we have not specifically requested (for example, your CV may contain information about your hobbies and social preferences).
Apart from information provided by you, the Company and/its Group may obtain personal data on you from various reference checks, background checks or from the various governmental authorities.
• Types of Personal Data
The kind of information and/or data that we collect about you may include:
• Identity and contact details –
including your name, your age, your gender, your photo, address, email address, telephone, other contact information, national registration identification card, marital status and personal preferences
• Employment details –
including details of your employment background such as position, work experience, employment references, salary, benefits and other compensation requests
• Background information–
including your educational background such as degrees, certificates, transcripts, credit history and/or criminal background screenings (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
• Financial Information –
including salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowances, stock and equity grants
• IT Information –
including certain technical information from you about your visit to our website using “cookies” and other similar technologies. For more information please refer to Dell’s online privacy statement on our website.
• Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us – such as personal preferences, hobbies, social preferences, dietary preference etc
• We also collect sensitive data such as your religion and physical or mental health or medical condition. commission or alleged commission of any offence or proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed including past misconduct, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings (“Sensitive Data”).
Collectively referred to herein as “Personal Data”
• Impact resulting from failure to supply Personal Data
Failure to supply such Personal Data may affect your employment prospects or affect the ability of the Company to perform its obligations under any potential or existing employment contract or your ability to enjoy the benefits of your employment with us.
• Purpose for the processing of Personal Data
The Personal Data will be processed by the Company and/or its Group in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, for the following purposes:
• Human Resource management and/or purposes, including:
• The identification and determination of eligibility for employment in the country in which the Company is established generally and qualifications relevant to employment with Company;
• Pre-employment verification of information provided by prospective employees which include: checking the accuracy and completeness of the details (such as qualifications) provided by prospective employees;
• Pre-employment vetting of prospective employees’ background and circumstances which may include: conducting background checks in relation to criminal records, obtaining information from credit bureaus to check for employees’ creditworthiness, conducting reference checks in relation to employees’ job suitability;
• Assessing individual work performance, attendance and disciplinary record;
• Conducting employee disciplinary proceedings;
• Conducting training of employees;
• Obtaining and maintaining employee health records and information which include: requiring you to complete a medical questionnaire or undertake a medical examination for the purpose of insurance benefits provided by the Company;
• Reviewing salaries, bonuses and other benefits;
• Providing employee references which include: letters to third parties providing employee’s details (excluding salary information and Sensitive Data) of employment with the Company:
• Monitoring business communications (by monitoring telephone, email and internet traffic data i.e sender, receiver, subject; date and time of text messages; attachments to email; numbers called and duration of calls; domain names of web sites visited, duration of visits; files downloaded from the internet) for reasons which include: providing evidence of business transactions; ensuring that our business procedures, policies and contracts with employees are adhered to; complying with any legal obligations; monitoring standards of service, staff performance, and for staff training;
• To fulfill any applicable regulatory requirements and/or request by relevant authority such as the Inland Revenue Board (“IRB”) and/or Immigration Department of Malaysia.
• Business process execution, including delivering services to clients.
• Disclosure of Personal Data
For the purposes mentioned in paragraph 4 above, please be advised that we may share Personal Data to the following third party:-
• Any person to whom the Company is compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
• Any person where public interest or our interests require disclosure;
• Any company, agent or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, payroll services computer or other services to the Company and/or Group in connection with our business;
• Any person seeking employment references;
• Pension or insurance companies with whom the Company has arranged benefits coverage for its employees; and
• Such sub-contractors or third-party service or product providers as the Company may determine to be necessary or appropriate.
• Disclosure to any potential buyers of the Company and/or part of the business of the Company pursuant to any due diligence exercise or any exercise of a similar nature; and All other matters relating to your employment with the Company as the Company considers to be necessary or appropriate.
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or human resource management, we may transfer your Personal Data to another member of the Group or third-party service or product providers within or outside the country in which the Company is established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
We shall endeavor to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
• Your rights of access and correction
You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by the Company and you may:
Check whether the Company holds or uses your Personal Data and request access to such data;
• Request that the Company correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
• Request that your Personal Data is retained by the Company only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected;
• Request that the Company specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of Personal Data handled by the Company; and
• Withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously.
In each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period. In relation to paragraph 7.1(e) above, please note that notwithstanding with withdrawal of your consent, the Company may still proceed to process your personal data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law.
The person to whom written requests for access to Personal Data or correction and/or deletion of Personal Data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of Personal Data handled by the Company is your respective Human Resource Business Partner.